Welcome to The Organic Odyssey - A Blog For Lively Discussion About Organics and Natural Living !
Welcome to The Organic Odyssey, the Blog Site of My Organic Access, llc. Here we will strive to bring the latest and greatest in organic and natural living news of all types. We encourage comments and look forward to discussing and learning from each other. That’s what it’s all about, furthering education and understanding, for us and for you if you choose to occasionally ride along. The quest for knowledge for the future ! The quest for ways to promote healthier living ! The quest for an educated world filled with understanding and action. We want to hear from you !
Our journey into organics and living a more natural thus healthier lifestyle began simply, as with many others, with concerns for the environment as well as health issues that clearly were astoundingly better with the improvement of our environment, in our food and in our surroundings and practices. The more we researched the more passionate about a more natural lifestyle we had to become. Chemical and in particular pesticide usage alarmed and alarms us. The waste generated and its disposal consumed and consumes us. Plastic debris both land, marine, and in us, disturbs us. Exceeding our resources astounds and frankly scares us. In our future blogs we will give data and information and opinion, hopefully prompting lively discussion about these and many other issues. We hope you join us !
We’ve experienced first-hand, from living a diverse life, the effects of industrial pollutants, agricultural pollutants, pollution of our land and our ocean’s, lakes and rivers. Old enough to have experienced the drastic changes to the precious environment we have been given to care for in exchange for life, we know that we need to do our part to change the path we’re currently on, for ourselves today and tomorrow, for the earth today and tomorrow, for our children today and tomorrow. We want and need to make it more convenient, more economical, and with quality, for others to do the same.
We need to protect what is left now for the future. We hope it is not too late!
Of course comes great interest in the psychology behind why, when it is so clear that the effects of small changes by the majority are so great, that more aren’t behind, “going green”, or “living more naturally”, or “living sustainably” , or however you wish to refer to it, we like to refer to it simply as “living conscionably”. So why the lack of collective concern and action to what we know to be issues so damaging? But issues that are worthy of and that we can make changes for, changes that will shape the future, make a better future ! We want to hear from you ! Tell us what you think !
What are the benefits of living a more natural, green lifestyle and why is there hesitation in doing this ??? These are things we will explore, and more, in future blogs. In the meantime:
Just a Few Reasons to do it and simple things to do to live more naturally !
“Go Green” or just “Live Conscionably”
1. Choose Organic Foods and Products whenever possible, reduce pesticide use, and improve the health of he earth and us all. Why? The health effects of chronic long term exposure of pesticides to humans, and its effects on the environment and all those supported by it !!! Choosing organic vegetables is healthier for the earth, for the health of all and especially our children and theirs. And by choosing organic it increases the need for more organics in our stores (always answered by capitalism) prompting better selection. And higher volume means better pricing.
2. Choose organic cotton or other organic and natural fibers in our clothing choices (hemp, bamboo..), an immense health savings to the environment. Did you know that cotton is considered the world’s dirtiest crop? In future posts we’ll discuss the heavy use of some nasty pesticides and insecticides used in the growing of conventional cotton and discuss chemical use in our agricultural practice in general. Supporting organic farming, organic food farmers, organic cotton growers, growers of bamboo and hemp, reduces pesticide and insecticide usage. Green products are without question just more humane.
3. Reduce your use of plastics. A few plastic facts:
Easy things you can do to help reduce the use of plastics.
For more facts about plastics and ways to help reduce it please visit: http://ecowatch.com/2014/04/07/22-facts-plastic-pollution-10-things-can-do-about-it/
4. Reduce consumption ! It saves energy and reduces waste. Take care of what you have to help reduce consumption. Yes it might take a little more work but so worth it in the long run. It reduces the energy needed to produce a new product and reduces the packaging surrounding those products so less waste goes into our landfills.
5. Be aware of product packaging. With enough people refusing to purchase products with excessive packaging maybe we can hit the wallet of manufacturer’s who will make conscionable changes.
6. Re-use whenever you can and donate things you no longer need that can be re-used. Reduce waste and avoid a new product purchase,
7. Purchase green cleaning products. Why damage the environment if you don’t have to. Green products have become much more available and affordable, and are healthier for your family.
8. Learn about the things that are going into your body and your environment and talk about it with others. With knowledge comes action and responsibility.
We look forward to hearing from you ! Looking out over mountains, viewing wildlife that we are incredibly lucky to be able to experience and don't believe many more generations will, the need to promote action is great. If information from this blog inspires just one it is worth it but we do hope to inspire many more.
We started the myorganicaccess.com web site to pull together great quality, economical, organic and all natural products on one convenient web site, a one-stop for all your organic needs, for convenience, removing a possible inhibitor of “Living Conscionably”. We are continuing to populate our site with products that will fulfill yours and your family’s organic needs and best of all products for better health and for a healthier earth. It has been and continues to be a challenging endeavor, exciting and enlightening, an absorbing passion. The Organic Odyssey blog will introduce you to up-to date information about organics, living naturally, and the reasons why this is important. At times the blog will include info about products sold on other sites and on ours. We are all in it together and the goal is to promote healthy action, not sales. We strive to share information first and foremost.
Healthy Living !
Leave a Reply.
My Organic Access, llc
Bringing together thoughts and idea's to elevate your knowledge of our environment & health.